|Broadband Internet Information|
DSL Internet is a Simple and Easy Way to Get Fast Internet Service
DSL - which stands for Digital Subscriber Line - is a great way to get high-speed internet service, without having to get a cable modem, or live in an area that has cable lines. DSL providers have very fast and comparatively cheap internet connectivity.
To explain DSL, it is a way to enjoy high-speed internet using your telephone line, just as you would for dial up. Except that it has so many more advantages than a regular internet service could provide.
Have a look at some of the great ways that DSL internet can benefit your home or business:
- With a DSL installation, you can keep your internet connection open, and still use the same telephone line for phone calls; both incoming and outgoing.
- The internet speed that you can obtain with a quality DSL provider is much greater than that of a regular dial-up modem. To compare, you can get an average of 1.5 Mbps with a DSL modem, as opposed to only 56 Kbps with a dial-up connection (that's 10 times faster!).
- DSL connection doesn't necessarily mean that you'll need any new wiring. As long as you have a phone line with which to connect, then you're already all set.
- Many DSL providers will supply you with the right kind of modem as a part of the DSL installation.
There are a few minor disadvantages to DSL that you might want to note. But it is pretty clear that DSL is far superior than any standard connection to the internet, and if you have the choice, you should most certainly aim for the convenience of high-speed. Some of these disadvantages include:
- DSL connections work best when you are located close to the DSL provider's central location. If you are, indeed, close, then this should not be a concern.
- DSL internet is faster for receiving than for sending. However, the sending is still a great deal faster than standard internet services.
- DSL service is not available universally. You'll need to check your local suppliers to find out if they are DSL providers.
If you want reliable, high-speed internet, then you'll likely be looking into a quality DSL provider to supply you with precisely what you've been looking for.
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Broadband-Internet&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk1/mariopiu/www/broadbandservice.awardspace.info/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input